We encourage anyone interested in our school to follow these steps:
- Attend one of our "Interested Parent Open Houses" to learn more about our school. We will give the parents attending a tour of the school and be able to fully discuss our program and answer any questions. Please note that children/infants will not be allowed to visit in the classrooms. Please find child care for your visit.
- Complete the Application. You can find the application on our Website or it is available at the school. Include a copy of your child's IEP and any evaluations and staffing forms that you have. This will help us determine the most appropriate class for your child. In some cases we may refer you to another school that may meet your child's need more effectively.
- We will then determine if there is an available opening for your child or place your child on our Waiting List. Available placement is determined by age, level of language and academic performance, and behavioral needs. Each class is very selectively combined with children who are similar in ability and needs. Our Waiting List is organized in the order of application dates. We may have to go out of order, depending on the current available openings at the school.
- Once you are informed that a placement is available, we will call you to confirm that you are still interested in the opening. An Acceptance Letter will then be sent to you with a list of required documents that we must receive prior to admitting your child. These documents include: Registration, Parent Agreement, Records Release from the previous school, Birth Certificate copy, Social Security copy, proof of residency, Immunization Form, Health Form, and all records required to validate the IEP ( staffing forms, evaluations, consents, referrals, etc.). Your Parent Handbook will be sent to you and we will review any questions with you.
- Once we have received all of the required information, your child will be WELCOMED into our school.
- Prior to/or immediately after enrolling your child, an IEP Transfer Meeting will be held to review the current IEP and make any necessary additions or changes.
- We are always available to answer any questions you may have during this process.
- IMPORTANT! If you move and/or change your phone number, please inform the school. We will not be able to contact you if your contact information has changed. Therefore, you may lose you place on the Wait List.